Distributors typically encounter a lot of challenges regardless of the size of inventory they are managing. They need to manage the delivery demands of their customers and keep up with the growing business. Likewise, they need to succeed in a global and multi-channel environment by becoming a reliable and trustworthy partner to customers. Using a distributor management software can help distributors achieve their goals by automating daily and repetitive tasks in the workplace to effectively reduce errors in order fulfillment, purchasing, customer support, and inventory tracking. If you are considering a distributor management software, here are a few things you should know about it before you proceed to get one:
- You can use it anywhere – A reliable distributor management software lets you manage sales orders, fill orders, track inventory, provide customer support, and improve purchasing from anywhere. Cloud computing makes all of these possible. Hence, the software can help increase your productivity and reduce downtime in the workplace. Automating and optimizing your purchasing processes can help guarantee a steady supply of materials, so you know exactly where your business is.
- It is a fully integrated solution for your business – The software comes fully integrated with CRM and management platforms for manufacturing, projects, and financials to promote and maintain transparency in your whole organization. This way, you can determine profitability in real-time per location, product line, business unit, or warehouse. Real-time information will make it easier for you to control costs across your entire distribution and supply chain.
- Distributor management software can help you save time – Order times are reduced, and delays are eliminated when shipping order generation and sales order processing are automated. The software lets you set the rules for managing returns, multiple warehouses, drop shipments, and credit limits, and much more.
- The software can boost customer satisfaction – With the distributor management software, you can manage your distribution processes more efficiently with real-time visibility of the inventory in transit, available inventory, inventory costs, and reorder quantities. This way, you can reduce costs and inventory, optimize the fulfillment, acceptance, quoting, and entry processes.
- Versatile for a wide range of needs – A distributor management software can be applied to requisition management, purchase order management, sales order management, and inventory management. It modernizes your ERP systems for these applications, too, so you can improve the productivity of your workforce. Be sure to get a high-end distributor management software from a reputable developer that specializes in providing modern cloud ERP solutions to businesses and industries.
About The Author:
Ray Rebello, the Director of Product Marketing, Acumatica shares his valuable inputs on the effective use of cloud accounting software and enterprise resource planning. Acumatica.com is a leading provider of cloud business management software that delivers fully integrated applications such as Financials, Distribution, Manufacturing, Project Accounting and CRM. In our interconnected world, Acumatica's highly functional and flexible SaaS solutions enables customers to take full control of their business at anytime, anywhere and on any device.